Just stay back and enjoy the ride with a luxury vehicle and let us worry for anything else. See the 14th century Venetian Old Fortress, the Old Port,the New Venetian Fortress, the Palace of St Michael and St George, and the Dimarcheio or Town Hall. Visit Achilleion Palace, Saint Spyridon Church, Esplanade Square, Liston, the British cricket ground and enjoy a walk through the old quarter, along narrow cobblestone streets known as Kantounia.
In the days of ancient Greece Corfu marked the final stage of the legendary trip made by the mythological Greek hero, Ulysses, on his journey home to Ithaca. While hardly of epic proportions, this tour will certainly give you a chance to enjoy Corfu’s lush landscape as you travel around the island. The excursion includes a visit to Achilleion Palace, a beautiful white mansion former residence of Empress Elizabeth of Austria – who was affectionately known as Sisi. The richly decorated palace is set among pretty gardens overlooking the sea, and is dedicated to the most famous hero of Greek mythology, Achilles. Before you return to the port and your ship, you will also have a chance for a photo stop in Kanoni and visit Corfu Old town, where guests may enjoy a walking tour.
Inscribed on UNESCO’s World Heritage List as a fortified Mediterranean port town of high integrity and authenticity, guests will discover all the interesting sites like the city’s 14th century Venetian Old Fortress, Saint Spyridon's Church, protector of the island, the charming narrow alleyways of the old Venetian town, the famous Esplanade – one of the largest squares in Europe, the elegant Liston to which access in the past was only allowed to the aristocracy of Corfu, the Dimarcheio or Town Hall and the imposing Palace of St Michael and St George. Before returning to the bus you will have some time for shopping and strolling in Corfu Old Town. On returning to the port, guests have the chance to see the old port with its traditional fishing boats and the New Venetian Fortress.
List of possible attractions and activities:
- Achilleion Palace
- Vlacherna Monastery(view from a distance)
- Pontikonisi - Mouse Island - (view from a distance)
- Corfu Town
- Esplanade Square
- Town Hall
- St. Spyridon Church
- St. Michael & St. George Palace
- Old Venetian Fortress (view from a distance)
- Transportation by deluxe, air-conditioned VIP minivan
- All taxes
- Insurance coverage
- Mobile contact number for any emergency, available 24/7
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Tickets for Achilleion Palace. The entrance fee is €8 per person for small groups (and includes audioguide rental), and €5 per person for groups of 14 people and up. €6 for customers aged over 65.
- Headsets for the whole tour are available for an additional fee (optional paid locally), if requested
- Appropriate clothing should be worn in places of worship in St Spyridon Church - no shorts, skirts and hat. Shoulders should be covered
- There are around 50 steps (without handrails) to negotiate in the gardens of Achilleion Palace
- The use of cameras and video-cameras is free of charge in the Achilleion but flash is prohibited. Photos and video cameras are not permitted in the Church of St. Spyridon
- There are cobblestones in old Corfu Town
- Guaranteed on-time return to your ship
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended