Your day wouldn't start better than visiting Palaiokastritsa's monastery which is dedicated to the Virgin Mary and admiring the view of Ionian Sea and the surrounding bays of the area. By walking inside the monastery of the Virgin Mary you will find gleaming whitewashed walls, lemon trees and a clean cut flower garden. Inside the chapel you will discover a fine collection and some of the rarest Byzantine icons, relics and religious paintings. The monastery, still inhabited by monks, was founded in 1288, but the present day complex was erected in the 18th century and offers unrivalled views of the area.
Our next stop will be in one of Corfu’s oldest estates, where you will have a short guided tour around its premises and, after a visit to the production area and the cellars, taste diferent varieties of their locally produced wines, with a chance to purchase bottles to enjoy back at home.
Best seen on foot, the Old Town is a mixture of the medieval and the modern. The Old and New Fortresses bear the insignia of the Venetian Republic. During your tour of the Old Corfu Town, you will see the Espianade, designed in the XVIII century by French architects, see the English cricket pitch, view the Palace of St. Michael and St. George, once home to Corfu's British governors, and wander along the narrow streets and small plazas to the church of St. Spyridon. Free time will be given to further explore the charming town on your own.
- Wine tasting, liquor & salty/sweet snacks
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Insurance coverage
- Mobile contact number for any emergency, available 24/7
- A small bottle of bottled water
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Entrance fees
- Guide in any other language available if private tour requested - if you have selected the tour as a private tour just inform as for your language
- Appropriate clothing should be worn in places of worship in Monastery. Shoulders should be covered
- Flash photography and shorts are not permitted in the Monastery also photos and video cameras are not permitted in the Church of St. Spyridon
- The guided portion of St. Spyridon will be conducted outside the church unless headsets will be worn
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- There are cobblestones in old Corfu Town
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly are available for an additional fee and can be paid locally (ask you guide for further info)
- Guaranteed on-time return to your ship