Your tour will start driving towards Palaiokastritsa. This beautiful seaside resort is famed for its fine beaches, olive groves, and crystal clear waters. In the days of Ancient Greece, Corfu marked the final stage of the legendary trip made by Ulysses, the mythological Greek hero, on his journey home to Ithaca. Ulysses is said to have come ashore here to receive hospitality from the king of the Phaeacians. The Kolovri Rock, which lies offshore, is said to be Ulysses’ boat, turned to stone by Poseidon. There you will have some free time where you may trace this scenic coast by local boat and explore some of its magical caves, or maybe also follow the road to the end of the promontory until the Monastery of the Virgin Mary. A religious order has inhabited this site since the thirteenth century, and its gardens are full of flowers and fruits all year round. Enjoy a visit to the area before driving up Bella Vista Hill where you will reach your next stop in Lakones village. The location features spectacular views across the bay and is colloquially known as the Balcony of the Gods. Take time to delight in the breathtaking landscape and a taste of Greek Ouzo or wine accompanied with meze, included in your ticket.
After your visit to the village, you will also be able to admire the beauty of the North of the island from a panoramic spot, and also taste some or the island's most famous sweets, produced with koumquat fruit, as well as local honey and olive oil with fresh bread.
Continue along the mountain ridge, enjoying the views of the nearby northern islands, before descending into the valley and continuing your route to Corfu Town.
Following the coastline through Garitsa Bay, you will reach UNESCO Heritage Site of the Old Town of Corfu. See the famous Esplanade, second largest public square in Europe, and the elegant Liston promenade, once the exclusive road of the local Venetian aristocracy. On a brief oriented tour throughout the town, you will also walk near the Palaio Frourio (Old Fortress), the Bosquetto (Durrell Gardens) and the Palace of St. Michael and St. George, which once served as the residence of the British High Commissioner.
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Tour escort/host
- Transport by exclusive mini van
- Insurance coverage
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Mobile contact number for any emergency, available 24/7
- A Glass of Ouzo with typical Greek "meze". For children a cold refreshment will be served instead of Ouzo.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Boat Trip to the Caves (Paid locally 10 Euros) optional
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Appropriate clothing should be worn in places of worship in St Spyridon Church and Virgin Mary Monastery
- A slight incline of a 100m uphill is required for visiting the Virgin Mary Monastery, also climbing 15 steps at the entrance.
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name and re-boarding time.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Corfu Town will not be visited as a guided tour, a brief walking oriented portion of it will be made.
- There are cobblestones in old Corfu Town
- Guaranteed on-time return to your ship