For the more adventurous travelers who wish to enjoy a different experience, the following cruise to Albania is what they are looking for. After departing from the port of Corfu you will cruise along the Albanian shore sand before approaching the port of Ag. Saranda, 'the City of the Forty Saints'. Once passports are checked you will enjoy the mixture of old and new buildings in the city of Sarande. Saranda is held to be the site of Albania's first synagogue, which was built in the 4th or 5th century. It is thought that it was built by the descendants of Jews who arrived on the southern shores of Albania around 70 CE. The synagogue was supplanted by a church in the 6th century. Stroll around the small streets or just have a sit, relax and enjoy some drinks while admiring the Ionian Sea. Don't forget that shopping is an option since Duty free is available.
You will board the ship for your way back to Corfu Island early in the evening.
For those who prefer to go more deeply into History, we also offer the option of additional tour to Ancient Butrint - which has been designated by UNESCO as a World Heritage site in 1997.
The highlight of your day will be this optional tour if you select it. Over the centuries, the ancient town of Butrint had disappeared under layers of silt and vegetation - but archaeologists have uncovered one of the best remains of a working town in the Mediterranean. At the edge of the lake where the ancient city of Vouthrota is situated, with its well maintained archaeological monuments and ancient theatre, the visitor is taken 2500 years back in time to the 3rd century A.D.
The ancient gymnasium, the Roman ablutions, the ancient temple with the priceless mosaic floor and the enormous stone walls will take you back to a time not known to man. Upon reaching the top of the hill lies the castle of Ali Passa, an oddment of the Ottoman Empire, you will enjoy a panoramic view of the Ancient city, the lake and the vast plains, a breathtaking sight. Once we return to the city of Ag. Saranda lunch is served. The afternoon allows for a tour of the town, until our departure from the land caught up in time.
The tour includes:
1. The coaches for the guests transfer from Saint Saranda port to Butrint and return.
2. The entrance to archeological monuments.
3. The guided tour in English and in German that ill last about 1 hour and 20 minutes on foot.
4. Lunch at the restaurant in Saranda City.
Languages on Board:
Thursday: English- German- French
Saturday: English- French
Sunday: English- German- Russian- Polish
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Round-trip ferry
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Ancient Butrint tour (if option selected)
- Lunch (If option of Ancient Butrint be selected)
- The listed price does not include a 10 Euro per person port fee, payable at the port. The port fee surcharge is required by local authorities and is not within our control.
- The Ancient Butrint tour with lunch (if option not be selected).
- Food and drinks (if Ancient Butrint tour not selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option not selected)
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Passport name or identity card, number, expiry date and country of issue is required at time of booking for all participants
- You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing if you are a non - eu citizen. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveller
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Needed Items: passport or identity card, photo or video camera, glasses, hat, comfortable shoes, carry with you a small bottle of water for the tour to archaeological monuments. Duty free is available.